top of page

"Faithfully proclaiming 

the Gospel of Christ

in Quakertown and beyond

with love, compassion and grace."

Our Victorian era building has undergone some changes from its humble beginning in 1880. Juniper Street today is the longest road in Quakertown traversing the length of the Borough. Our church continues to faithfully proclaim the Gospel of Christ. We remain a witness to the grace of God in our ever changing community.

Juniper Street Bible Church History

  • Juniper Street Bible Church traces its roots back to the St. Paul Evangelical Church founded in 1880 at this present location. The original part of the building was occupied by this group from 1880 until 1899. In 1899 the building was sold for $900.00 to the Bethany Mennonite Church who later became the United Mennonite Church after a merger with the Flatland Mennonite Church.
  • Additions and improvements were made at times through the years. In 1964, a modern Christian Education addition with a fellowship area plus other renovations was completed. The current fellowship began in the heart of Quakertown on August 15, 1984. The congregation originally met in a home in the Richland Mead Development. The Church took solid roots after meeting in the basement of the Quakertown Historical Society at 26 N. Main Street in October of 1984. In mid-1985 negotiations began with the United Mennonite Church for the purchase of the building at 317 Juniper Street.
  • On December 15, 1985 an agreement was signed by both parties as the Sunshine Evangelical Church would purchase the building for $120,000. On December 28, 1986 we held our first service in the Juniper Street Building and in the Summer of 1987, we were permanently moved into our church home. In July, 2012 the name of the ministry was changed to Juniper Street Bible Church reflecting new incorporation, renewed commitment and a return to a more traditional style of fellowship and ministry .
bottom of page